Web Design for Realtors: 4 Ways to Create a Great Website that Sells
As a realtor, you know how important it is to have a professional and attractive website that showcases your properties and services. Your website is your online storefront, your portfolio, and your marketing tool. It can help you generate leads, build trust, and grow your business.
But how do you create a website that stands out from the crowd and delivers results? What are the best practices and features for web design for realtors?
In this article, we will share with you some tips and examples of web design for realtors that can help you create a website that sells.
1. Use a Responsive and Mobile-Friendly Design
According to the National Association of Realtors, 76% of home buyers use mobile devices to search for properties online1. This means that your website should be responsive and mobile-friendly, meaning that it adapts to different screen sizes and devices.
A responsive and mobile-friendly design can improve your user experience, SEO, and conversion rate. It can also help you reach more potential customers who are browsing on the go.
Some tips for creating a responsive and mobile-friendly design are:
- Use a flexible grid layout that adjusts to different screen widths
- Use media queries to apply different styles based on device characteristics
- Use relative units (such as percentages or ems) instead of absolute units (such as pixels or points) for font sizes, margins, and paddings
- Use images that are optimized for different resolutions and load times
- Use buttons and links that are large enough and easy to tap
- Test your website on various devices and browsers
An example of a responsive and mobile-friendly website is Zillow, which offers a seamless experience across desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
2. Showcase Your Properties as a Realtor with Visuals
Visuals are essential for web design for realtors. They can help you showcase your properties in an appealing and engaging way. They can also help you convey the features, benefits, and emotions of living in a particular home.
Therefore, you should use high-quality, relevant, and eye-catching visuals that capture your audience’s attention and convey your message clearly. You can use photos, videos, GIFs, infographics, or animations to showcase your properties.
Some tips for creating effective visuals for web design for realtors are:
- Use bright colors and contrast to make your visuals pop
- Include your logo or brand name to increase recognition
- Use text overlays or captions to highlight your key points or call-to-action
- Optimize your visuals for different platforms and devices
- Test different visuals to see what performs best
An example of a website that uses visuals effectively is Bespoke Real Estate, which features stunning photos and videos of luxury properties.
3. Provide an Interactive Map and Search Tool
One of the most important features for web design for realtors is an interactive map and search tool. This can help your visitors find exactly what they are looking for based on their preferences and criteria.
An interactive map and search tool can help you:
- Display your properties on a map with pins or markers
- Allow your visitors to filter your properties by location, price, size, type, amenities, etc.
- Allow your visitors to sort your properties by relevance, popularity, date, etc.
- Allow your visitors to view property details, photos, videos, virtual tours, etc.
- Allow your visitors to save their favorite properties or share them with others
Some tips for creating an interactive map and search tool are:
- Use a clear and intuitive interface that is easy to use
- Use icons, labels, tooltips, or legends to explain the map features
- Use geolocation or autocomplete features to help your visitors find their desired location
- Use pagination or infinite scrolling to load more properties as needed
- Use analytics tools to track and optimize your map and search performance
An example of a website that uses an interactive map and search tool is Trulia, which allows users to explore neighborhoods, schools, crime rates, commute times, etc.
4. Build Trust and Credibility with Testimonials and Reviews
Another key feature for web design for realtors is testimonials and reviews. These can help you build trust and credibility with your visitors by showing them the feedback and opinions of your previous clients.
Testimonials and reviews can help you:
- Showcase your expertise, experience, and reputation
- Highlight your success stories and achievements
- Address common questions or objections
- Increase social proof and word-of-mouth referrals
- Encourage your visitors to take action and contact you
Some tips for creating testimonials and reviews are:
- Use real and authentic testimonials and reviews from your clients
- Use photos, names, and locations of your clients to add credibility
- Use ratings, stars, or badges to show the quality of your service
- Use quotes, videos, or stories to show the benefits of working with you
- Use a call-to-action to invite your visitors to leave a testimonial or review
An example of a website that uses testimonials and reviews effectively is Redfin, which features customer ratings, reviews, and savings.
5. Create a Blog and Content Marketing Strategy
A blog and content marketing strategy is another essential feature for web design for realtors. This can help you attract more visitors to your website by providing them with valuable and relevant information.
A blog and content marketing strategy can help you:
- Educate your visitors about the real estate market, trends, tips, etc.
- Showcase your knowledge, expertise, and authority
- Improve your SEO and ranking on search engines
- Generate more leads and conversions
- Build relationships and loyalty with your visitors
Some tips for creating a blog and content marketing strategy are:
- Use keyword research to find out what your audience is searching for
- Use catchy headlines, subheadings, bullet points, and images to make your content easy to read
- Use internal and external links to provide more information and resources
- Use a call-to-action to invite your visitors to subscribe, share, or contact you
- Use analytics tools to measure and optimize your content performance
An example of a website that uses a blog and content marketing strategy effectively is Realtor.com, which features articles, videos, podcasts, newsletters, etc.